DIAGRAM Out and About: May 2013 Update
DIAGRAM at Society for Scholarly Publishing: June 5-7, 2013 – San Francisco
- Bill McCoy (IDPF) will moderate “Accessibility Challenges and Possibilities: No File Left Behind!” The panel will include George Kerscher (DAISY Consortium); Rick Johnson (VitalSource Technologies Inc.), Anh Bui (Benetech).
DIAGRAM at Future Publishing and Accessibility: June 13-14, 2013 – Copenhagen
- George Kerscher will moderate: “The users: Who will guarantee accessibility for them in the future?
- Markus Gylling will speak: “The technology: What will the future of mainstream publishing look like?
- Betsy Beaumon will moderate: “The market: Facing and discovering new business models”
DIAGRAM at TRC Nineteenth Annual Meeting – Sparking Excellence in STEM Education: June 26-28, 2013 – Austin
- Matt Sauthoff, Outreach Coordinator for Benetech’s Accessible Books for Texas, will present a session about DIAGRAM Center initiatives in a session entitled, “Accessible STEM Materials: Dream Becoming Reality”
- Suzy Haines, Digital Content Manager at Benetech, will speak about DAISY/Accessibility in EPUB as part of the session entitled “E-Books: Discovery & Metadata Exchange, File Formats and Functionality, and Meeting Patron Needs”