DIAGRAM Advisory Board: July 2013 Meeting
The DIAGRAM Advisory Board met on July 24, 2013 and heard updates from in each of the Working Group areas. Highlights included:
- Content Working Group co-chairs Elaine Ober and Lucia Hasty reported that a table of contents and sample chapter for the Accessible Image Sample Book are expected to be ready before the end of August. The group is expected to turn to discussion of an image registry or repository at its next meeting.
- Standards Working Group co-chair George Kerscher reported on the decision of the Group to recommend @describedby for longer image descriptions. See the revised recommendations on the DIAGRAM web site. There was much discussion of the AAP’s recent announcement of a new EPUB3 Implementation Project.
- Outreach Working Group chair Julie Noblitt reported progress on research to inform a DIAGRAM web site refresh and accompanying video.
- Anh Bui updated the group on developments with DIAGRAM subcontracts. See notes in the Software Development Update and the article about DIAGRAM’s new research subcontract in this newsletter
- An in-person Advisory Board meeting is likely to be held in Washington D.C. in spring/summer 2014.
Full notes from this meeting are available to DIAGRAM Community members by logging in to the DIAGRAM Community site. [Note: Please contact Julie Noblitt at julien [at] benetech [dot] org if you would like registration assistance.]