DIAGRAM Out and About: July 2013 Update
2013 July 31
DIAGRAM at OSEP Project Directors Meeting: July 14-17, 2013 – Washington, D.C.
- Betsy Beaumon, Lisa Wadors, and Cherie Miller of Benetech presented a session entitled “Preparing Educators for the Future of Accessible Educational Materials”
- Joshua Miele of Smith-Kettlewell presented “A Demonstration and Discussion of YouDescribe: A Tool for Creation of Accessible Instructional Video Materials to Support Learners With Visual Disabilities.”
- Mark Horney of MeTRC presented “Kids Reading and Writing About Mathematics: Do They? Can They? Should They?”
- MeTRC conducted a Poster Session that includes the work of Robert Wall Emerson at Western Michigan University, who is investigating how different kinds of image descriptions compare in terms of effectiveness in helping students with vision impairments learn from instructional mathematic passages that include images.
DIAGRAM at Getting In Touch With Literacy Conference: December 4-7, 2013 – Providence, RI
- Steve Landau of Touch Graphics will present information about work conducted under subcontract with the DIAGRAM Center. The Decision Tree project was recently completed and the follow-up work is described in the July 2013 Software Development update. This pre-eminent conference is held only once every other year; we are excited to have this work showcased in this important venue.