DIAGRAM Out and About: September 2013 Update
DIAGRAM at STEMx: September 19-21, 2013 – MOOC
- Anh Bui presented an online session entitled, “Born Accessible STEM.” A recording of Anh’s session is available by visiting the STEMx Session and Keynote Recordings page.
DIAGRAM at Frankfurt Book Fair: October 9-13, 2013 – Frankfurt, Germany
- Benetech’s Director of Content Acquisition Robin Seaman will speak on a panel entitled “Digital Books for All” with Cristina Mussinelli of the Italian Publishers Association (LIA) and Sarah Hilderly of EDItEUR.
DIAGRAM at APH: October 17-19, 2013 – Louisville, KY
- Benetech’s Digital Content Manager Suzy Haines and DIAGRAM Advisory Board member Jim Downs will present the STEM update to the Board this year.
DIAGRAM at Books in Browsers: October 24-25, 2013 – San Francisco, CA
- Benetech’s VP of Engineering, Gerardo Capiel, will talk about accessibility metadata and accessible images and math during his session, Born Accessible.
DIAGRAM at EDUPUB: October 29-30, 2013 – Boston, MA
- DIAGRAM-affiliated Program Committee members for this meeting include Gerardo Capiel (Benetech), Mark Hakkinen (ETS), T.V. Raman (Google), and Rick Johnson (INGRAM VitalSource).
DIAGRAM at Accessing Higher Ground: November 4-8, 2013 – Westminster, CO
- Benetech’s Educational Program Manager Cherie Miller will be presenting a session entitled “The Next Generation of Accessible Materials: Born Accessible”.
- Benetech’s VP of Engineering, Gerardo Capiel, will present on a panel with Robert Martinengo of AccessText Network on “Discovery of Accessible Educational Titles Via Accessibility Metadata.”
- DIAGRAM community members Ron Stewart, John Gardner, and Sean Keegan will also be presenting.
DIAGRAM at Getting In Touch With Literacy Conference: December 4-7, 2013 – Providence, RI
- Steve Landau of Touch Graphics will present on the Decision Tree project.
DIAGRAM at ATIA: January 29 – February 1, 2014 – Orlando, FL
- Steve Landau, Mark Hakkinen, Kyle Keane, and Betsy Beaumon will speak on a panel entitled, “What’s Next in Accessible STEM Learning Materials and Assessment”