DIAGRAM Advisory Board: October 2013 Meeting
The DIAGRAM Advisory Board met on October 21, 2013. Full notes from this meeting, including an audio recording of it, are available to DIAGRAM Community members by logging in to the DIAGRAM Community blog. [Note: Please contact Julie Noblitt at julien [at] benetech [dot] org if you would like registration assistance.] Highlights of the meeting included:
- Extended discussion of outcomes of the AAP EPUB 3 Implementation Project. Note: after this Advisory Board meeting, a whitepaper has been released with official outcomes of the AAP EPUB 3 initiative. DIAGRAM’s “Top Tips for Creating Accessible EPUB 3 Files” are part of the whitepaper.
- The DIAGRAM Content Working Group has completed 5 chapters of the Accessible Image Sample Book and expects to complete the remaining chapters before the end of this year. Next project: an accessible image registry.
- The DIAGRAM Tools Working Group reported on their work on interactive widgets for STEM education, the accessibility metadata project, Poet, and the DAISY Pipeline charter, and monitoring of progress in reader support for MathML.
- The Standards Working Group reported that ISO has approved EPUB as an international standard. ARIA 1.1 draft has been released with describedat in the spec. Both describedat and describedby are in the EPUB spec.
- An in-person meeting of the DIAGRAM team will likely be held in summer of 2014 in Washington D.C.
from → General