DIAGRAM Out and About: November 2013 Update
DIAGRAM at Accessing Higher Ground: November 4-8, 2013 – Westminster, CO
- Benetech’s Educational Program Manager Cherie Miller presented a session entitled “The Next Generation of Accessible Materials: Born Accessible”.
- Benetech’s VP of Engineering, Gerardo Capiel, presented on a panel with Robert Martinengo of AccessText Network on “Discovery of Accessible Educational Titles Via Accessibility Metadata.”
DIAGRAM at the National Institute for the Visually Handicapped, National Conference on: Harnessing technology for the empowerment for the persons with visual impairments – November 19, 2013 – New Delhi, India
- Benetech’s VP for Global Literacy Betsy Beaumon presented “Holistic solution for accessible book production and distribution in America.” Betsy heard a lot of interest in DIAGRAM Center initiatives from audience members.
DIAGRAM at OZeWAI Conference: November 27-29, 2013 – Bundoora, Victoria (Australia)
- Gerardo Capiel delivered the keynote address, “Born Accessible” for which you can download the slides from this Dropbox.
DIAGRAM at Getting In Touch With Literacy Conference: December 4-7, 2013 – Providence, RI
- Steve Landau of Touch Graphics will present on the Decision Tree project.
DIAGRAM at ATIA: January 29 – February 1, 2014 – Orlando, FL
- Steve Landau, Mark Hakkinen, Kyle Keane, and Betsy Beaumon will speak on a panel entitled, “What’s Next in Accessible STEM Learning Materials and Assessment”