DIAGRAM Out and About: December 2014 Update
- DIAGRAM at Accessing Higher Ground – November 17-21, 2014 – Westminster, CO. Sue-Ann Ma & Gaeir Dietrich presented New Developments in Image and Math Content Accessibility to a packed house of about 70 participants. The presentation showcased DIAGRAM partners and covered the Accessible Image Sample Book, Poet, tactile graphics, 3D printing, MathML Cloud, interactive widgets, and more.
- DIAGRAM at Assistive Technology Industry Association (ATIA) – January 27-31, 2015 – Orlando, FL. Betsy Beaumon and Karen Erickson will present, “3D Printing: New Educational Opportunities for Students with Disabilities.”
- DIAGRAM at CSUN: March 2-7, 2015 – San Diego, CA Four DIAGRAM-related panels have been accepted:
- “3D Printing in the Accessible STEM Classroom: Research and Case Studies” with Anh Bui, Mike Cheverie, Ting Siu, Lore Schindler, Lucia Hasty on Friday, March 6, 2015 – 8:00 AM PST
- “Latest Developments in Accessible Math in Browsers” with Sue-Ann Ma, Glen Gordon, Sanders Kleinfeld, Neil Soiffer on Thursday, March 5, 2015 – 3:20 PM PST
- “What’s New in ‘Born Accessible’: Accessibility in the Publishing Mainstream” with Robin Seaman, Betsy Beaumon, George Kerscher, Elaine Ober, Kimi Sugeno on Thursday, March 5, 2015 – 1:20 PM PST
- “The Poet Image Description Training Module” with Bryan Gould, Sue-Ann Ma, Steve Landau on Thursday, March 5, 2015 – 9:00 AM PST
And, please save the date for our third annual DIAGRAM “Office Hours” get-together on Thursday March 5th (5:30 – 7pm). This year we will include a mini “Maker Space” with 3D printing and haptics demos. Further details forthcoming in the new year.