DIAGRAM Out and About: March 2015 Update
2015 March 31
- DIAGRAM at Assistive Technology Industry Association (ATIA) – January 27-31, 2015 – Orlando, FL. Betsy Beaumon and Karen Erickson presented, “3D Printing: New Educational Opportunities for Students with Disabilities.”
- DIAGRAM at CSUN: March 2-7, 2014 – San Diego, CA
- “3D Printing in the Accessible STEM Classroom: Research and Case Studies” with Anh Bui, Mike Cheverie, Ting Siu, Lore Schindler, Lucia Hasty
- “Latest Developments in Accessible Math in Browsers” with Sue-Ann Ma, Glen Gordon, Sanders Kleinfeld, Neil Soiffer
- “What’s New in ‘Born Accessible’: Accessibility in the Publishing Mainstream” with Robin Seaman, Betsy Beaumon, George Kerscher, Elaine Ober, Kimi Sugeno
- “The Poet Image Description Training Module” with Bryan Gould, Sue-Ann Ma, Steve Landau
- DIAGRAM at Association of Research Libraries – Ontario, Canada – March 17, 2015. Robin Seaman presented a session for a webinar entitled, “Working Together: Research Libraries and Publishers on the Value of Inclusive Learning Resources.”
- DIAGRAM at AAP Digital Issues Working Group – New York City – March 19, 2015. Robin Seaman presented on the business case for making content accessible during special luncheon on subject of how publishers are using EPUB 3 to make their publications more accessible to readers with print disabilities. Speakers included:
- Paul Belfanti, Director, Content Architecture, Pearson
- Dave Cramer, Senior Digital Publishing Technology Specialist, Hachette Book Group
- Liisa McCloy-Kelley, VP, Director eBook Development & Innovation, Penguin Random House
- Robin Seaman, Director of Content Acquisition, Benetech
- Tzviya Siegman, Digital Book Standards & Capabilities Lead, Wiley
- Jonathan Thurston, Sr. Manager of eBooks, HarperCollins
- DIAGRAM at CTEBVI Technology Symposium – San Francisco – March 20, 2015 Ting Siu moderated the day-long event which included:
- “Diagrams, images and graphics” by Lisa Wadors Verne, Education Research Manager at Benetech.
- “Math” by Sarah Herrlinger, Senior Product Manager, Accessibility
- “Video” by Joshua Miele, Director The Smith-Kettlewell Description Research and Innovation Lab.
- “Transcribers and Technology” with Jane Thompson, Director of the Accessible Textbook Department at the American Printing House for the Blind.
- DIAGRAM at London Book Fair – Accessibility Summit – London – April 15, 2015. Robin Seaman will present Poet on a panel entitled, “The AAG Accessibility Toolbox.”
- DIAGRAM at Book Expo America and IDPF Digital Book 2015 – New York City – May 27-28, 2015. Robin Seaman and Charles La Pierre will be in attendance.
- DIAGRAM at the 9th European e-Accessibility Forum – Paris – June 8, 2015.
- Betsy Beaumon, Neil Soiffer, Volker Sorge, and Alex Bernier will speak on a panel called “Making Complex Content Accessible.”
- George Kerscher will speak on “Implementing the Legislative Strategy: Accessible Digital Publishing within and beyond the legal threshold.”