DIAGRAM 2015 Year-End Roundup
Dear DIAGRAM Community,
As 2015 comes to a close, we are thrilled to be looking back at a year of great strides and forward to a year of new and increased opportunities. We capped the year with news that the DIAGRAM community will continue to thrive and grow as DIAGRAM Center +, thanks to a new 5-year award from the Department of Education’s Office of Special Education Programs. This new award allows us to expand the scope of our work and our community as we continue to tackle the challenges around making STEM educational content accessible.
Other highlights from this productive year include:
- Debut of the Accessible Image Sample Book Second Edition with new samples and modalities
- DIAGRAM participation in the National Forum on 3D Printing and Accessible Education (convened by Benetech and sponsored by IMLS), resulting in the launch of a new 3D printing working group and the debut of the 3D Printing in Education Quick Start Guide
- Publishers such as Pearson and Wiley adopting DIAGRAM practices and training materials to improve accessibility of their content
- Release of MathML Cloud 1.0 in beta
- Senior leaders from the U.S. Department of Education participating in an image slam in Washington DC. Read more at http://goo.gl/PRtlBm
- Release of the Extended Image Description Guidelines
- A fruitful math design sprint and subsequent beta release of the Math Support Finder
We want everyone to know how much we value the time, effort, passion and commitment you’ve put into making education accessible. We are proud to have the opportunity to work with each and every one of you as part of this DIAGRAM community and can’t wait for 2016 and all that we will accomplish together as DIAGRAM Center +!
With thanks and good wishes for a wonderful holiday season and New Year,
Anh and the DIAGRAM team