DIAGRAM Out and About: September Update
DIAGRAM at the Frankfurt Book Fair
On Wednesday October 10, 2012 Benetech’s Director of Content Acquisition, Robin Seaman, will be speaking about the DIAGRAM Center’s work on a panel at the Frankfurt Book Fair. The session, moderated by Mark Bide of the international standards body EDItEUR, is entitled, “A new market: accessible ebooks in mainstream channels”. Joining Robin on this panel are:
- Daniel Weck of the DAISY Consortium, speaking about EPUB 3 and accessibility
- Graham Bell, EDItEUR, speaking about metadata and accessibility
- Cristina Mussinelli, AIE, speaking about the LIA project
- Chris Roger, Penguin, speaking about accessibility issues from the publisher’s perspective
We are grateful to the sponsors of this session, EDItEUR and LIA, for providing us with this fantastic platform. The Frankfurt Book Fair attracts 7,000 publishing industry professionals from all over the world, and we are very excited to have this opportunity to spread the word about DIAGRAM Center initiatives.
Multiple DIAGRAM talks at APH
This month DIAGRAM Center initiatives will have wide coverage at the 144th annual meeting of the American Printing House for the Blind, to be held October 11-13, 2012 in Louisville Kentucky. We are delighted that in addition to Benetech staff, DIAGRAM Advisory Board member Jim Downs will be on the panel with us for the APH Partner Update session. Thank you Jim!
Here is the schedule of DIAGRAM talks:
- Wednesday October 10: Fred Slone, Benetech’s Director of Literacy Operations, will be speaking about DIAGRAM at the National Prison Braille Forum Lunch from noon to 1:00 p.m.
- Thursday October 11: Fred Slone and Benetech’s Literacy Product Manager Ginny Grant will represent DIAGRAM twice! First, at the STEM Forum from 10:00 a.m. to noon and again during the IRCBVI Open Meeting from 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Saturday October 13: Ginny Grant and Jim Downs will present on DIAGRAM during the APH Partner Updates session from 8:00 – 8:40 a.m.
With four talks in all, we are really thrilled to have DIAGRAM so well represented at the APH meeting. We are grateful to Advisory Board member Jane Thompson, APH’s Director, Accessible Textbook Department, for inviting us to this event. Thank you Jane!
P.S. Are you looking for a topic for your next talk? Consider DIAGRAM! We can provide you with slide decks, talking points, and any other support you may need.