DIAGRAM Training: October Update
New free webinar: “How to Describe Complex Images for Accessibility”
Date: Tuesday October 30, 2012 at 3:00 pm EDT
To register follow this link: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/xu2w8081v405
Are you a volunteer or professional whose job it is to create accessible image descriptions for textbooks and other materials? Are you looking for guidelines, tips, tools, and tricks for making your descriptions even better? Whether you are just about to write your very first description or you are an experienced description writer, this free webinar is for you.
Hosted by Bryan Gould of the WGBH National Center for Accessible Media, “How to Describe Complex Images for Accessibility” will take you through concrete examples of the kinds of images you encounter and how to handle them. Special attention will be given to the tools being created by the OSEP-funded DIAGRAM Center to facilitate image description. Topics will include:
- How to write descriptions
- STEM description guidelines
- Common types of complex images and how to handle them
- How to handle illustrations and cartoons
- Adding image description to digital media
- DIAGRAM tools for making it easy to create image descriptions
- Alternatives: Recorded, tactile, haptic, and smart images
Save your spot today! Register by following this link: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/xu2w8081v405
If you are unable to attend the webinar in person, a recording of the session along with the slides will be made available on our web site after the session on the DIAGRAM Webinars page.