December 2012 Software Development Update
DIAGRAM Tools Working Group
Notes from the November 30th DIAGRAM Center Tools Working Group, co-chaired by Gerardo Capiel and Geoff Freed, have been posted at http://blog.diagramcenter.org/?p=613 [Note: you must be a registered member of the DIAGRAM site to view the notes. Please contact Julie Noblitt at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like registration assistance.]
Highlights of the discussion included:
- New members: Welcome to Kathi Fletcher of the Shuttleworth Foundation. Ron Stewart and Steve Noble have also added the Tools Working Group to their roster of DIAGRAM Working Group activities. In future meetings Bruce Walker of the Georgia Institute of Technology will be joining us as well. Many thanks to all for joining this group!
- Discussion of the critical importance of developing ways to make audio descriptions, tactile graphics, and audio-tactile graphics available for textbook images.
- Other discussion:
- Communication of DIAGRAM Content Model to key reading systems developers and standards groups
- Readium support for SVG and MathML
- Interactive accessible image widgets
- Image coverage checker for EPUB3
- Smart graphics, video description