January 2013 Training Update
Registration is now open for the third free webinar of the DIAGRAM Center series! To register follow this link: https://cc.readytalk.com/r/idq06crrrs2j
Title: Accessible Images: From Creation to End User
Date: Thursday January 24, 2013
Time: 2:30 p.m Eastern (11:30 a.m. Pacific)
Presenters: Bryan Gould, WGBH National Center for Accessible Media (NCAM); Geoff Freed, WGBH National Center for Accessible Media (NCAM); Lucia Hasty, Rocky Mountain Braille Associates
“Accessible Images: From Creation to End User” will present an overview of best approaches for making your online images accessible to those with print disabilities.
Topics covered in this free webinar will include:
- overview of tactile diagrams
- decision process for whether to create a tactile diagram or describe an image
- how to create image descriptions
- how end users navigate image descriptions and what they sound like
- demonstration of DTB readers such as Read2Go (iOS) and discussion of DTB authoring tool options
- discussion of which devices can read image descriptions, including the gh player
- updates on DIAGRAM working groups and DIAGRAM at CSUN
A recording of the session, along with the slides, will be made available after the session on the DIAGRAM Webinars page.